Thursday, June 11, 2009

Samarian Beauty

I have a weakness for taking pictures of flowers, especially when I find flowers in unusual places. I think what draws me to them is that they show up when you least expect them. All of a sudden....there's a flower. A flower? What's a flower doing there?

Like this beauty in the middle of a thorn patch. They were the only flowers in at least a 15-yard radius at the site of the ancient city of Ai north of Jerusalem.


There were thorn patches everywhere we stepped...long, painful thorns. Thorns that stick through jeans. Believe me...I can show you my battle wounds.


The gorgeous, delicate color in spite of the hot, dry Samarian sun really made an impact on me.

What would life be like without flowers? I can't even bear to think about that.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely got my love of fresh flowers from you mom!

    ReplyDelete