Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm homesick....

This has to be one of the cutest pics in the world. Brand new shoes on the feet of a 5-year-old about to go to her first day of Kindergarten. This was taken last August ('08) of my oldest grandchild, Ashlyn Rose Watkins.


Here she is ready to walk out the door. Don't you just want to squeeze her?!


Ok...now seriously... this is the best. This was at the end of the day when we went to pick her up. Her sister Madysen just ran and fell in her arms. She didn't like being without her big sister all day! The look of relief is all over Ashlyn's face!


Here's Mommy with her two older girls. Ahhh....reunions are grand!
I want to tell Ashlyn congratulations for making it through a whole year of school. You did such a good job. You were a blessing to your teacher, Mrs. Summers. She really loves you. You are such an obedient girl and you love Jesus with all your heart. Way to go, Ashlyn!


Fast forward 8 months. This is our last shabbat meal with them before we left for Israel. I just can't contain myself they're so cute.


Lyric, Destiny, and Ashlyn posing. Hmmm. Who do they get the posing thing from? What I'd give right now for a big hug from all these adorable people.....

Well, this post has nothing profound written in it but VERY profound, beautiful, purpose-filled, and precious people displayed. I'm very homesick right now, so this is therapy. Please bear with me....

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jerri, how my heart aches for you. I KNOW how hard it is to have my grandsons and one of my granddaughters halfway accross the world. It is the most horrible feeling in the world. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. You are the BEST GI GI in the whole wide world. I wish you could be my gigi...
    I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no Idea you had a blog! How cool is this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, this made me cry. I don't even know why. I think it's because I know how homesick you are. I love you mom and miss you so much! Still believing that we'll see eachother soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, my heart is so moved now when I read or hear people share their deep love for their children and grandchildren. I never grasped this before having a child of my own.

    Now my heart has a soft place I cherish for my little girl and her mommy. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete