Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Most Wonderful Surprise of My Life!

I don't know how they did it, but my family and a many of my friends kept a secret from me for over a month. Courtney & Judah and Destiny & Shiloh surprised me yesterday by walking in my front door here in Jerusalem! Gary said he had to go get someone from the airport for our friend Steve Carpenter who is in Haifa right now. Actually I don't even know if that was a lie. He might not have left Jerusalem. Anyway....Gary said he had to bring this couple here to our house until Steve could come pick them up. Well, when they walked in the door, I went into shock. It wasn't registering in my mind what I was seeing before my eyes! Then I just burst into tears....sobbing-out-loud tears! There is no way I can describe how much I have missed my children and grandchildren over the last 3 months. I wake up every morning with a terrible ache in my heart. For all of their lives we've lived just a few streets away from each other. We were together all the time. I could go over and see them any time I want. They spent every Friday night and Sunday afternoon/evening with us. This has been my only culture shock....being away from my kids. It's literally painful. My heart hurts. It's worse in the mornings. Maybe because I get up early and spend time praying and reflecting and journaling. Most mornings consist of tears of homesickness for my kids. And to see two of my children walk through the door yesterday morning was more than I could take. At last I could touch them and hug them. There are no words to describe that heaven on earth! The only thing that would make it better is if all 15 of them could come. But I know that is out of the question. I am so enjoying them, I didn't even want to go to bed last night, and woke up at 5:45 this morning ready to get the day started! But, alas, it is 10:00 and they are still sleeping. Oh, that dang jet lag!



Just moments after I sobbed like a baby.



Preston is LOVING having his nephews here!




Anyway...I wanted let everyone in on my wonderful, beautiful surprise! We will explore Israel and have fun with them for the next two weeks. And we'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you Jerri!! and of course your girls. Abba poured out some great love on you this week and it's so exciting to watch. Love to you all,
    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to keep looking!!! Sooo happy for you and Gary!

    ReplyDelete