Thursday, May 28, 2009

Trek to Tel Aviv

We are so excited, almost giddy. Hunter arrived today, and he will be with us for at least 3 months. Pres is totally pumped that he's here, because he will have someone else to hang out with besides his dear ole dad and mom. I think I've figured out that the reason we're so lonely is because in Texas we had an open door policy and people were coming and going all the time. We ALWAYS had a bunch of people at our house, and we LOVED it. In fact, if someone rang the doorbell, we gave them a hard time about it. Well, here in Jerusalem, we don't have that community aspect yet. (You notice I said "yet".) We're so glad to have a visitor that I'm afraid we've talked Hunter's ears off. Sorry, Hunter.

Here we are at the airport. He was hassled severely by the customs officials, bless his heart.

We rented a car to go pick him up, and we were so excited to have wheels.

So...we decided to take Pres and Hunter to the beach in Jaffa. We found a sandwich place there and had a.....yep, you guessed it....a wonderful falafel. Now I know you're thinking, "Wow, that's big. Did she eat all that?" No, I didn't. Almost...but I had to throw a third of it away cause it started falling apart. It was really good, though.
Pres, Hunter and GB had a chicken shawarma. Chicken shawarmas are good too, but not as good as falafels. Notice the lady behind them. She kept trying to make eye contact and talk to the guys. I know...they look like movie stars....

Now we are home. Hunter and Pres are upstairs unpacking. Sherry, Hunter's mom, packed stuff he didn't even know he had. This is like Christmas!

Tonight we have two more guests arriving to spend several nights with us. They are from Belgium and are friends of the Vandeputs. We are looking forward to meeting them. I just hope I can stay awake....

I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that Hunter is there, I know it will be fun for Preston. Love you mom!

    ReplyDelete